Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Following publication, a data coding error was identified. This error concerned the incorrect categorisation of two learning providers as Further Education Institutions instead of Work Based Learning Consortia. As such, Table 2 of this bulletin, along with the associated bullet points, has been revised.
- The total number of Welsh domiciled learners was 6 per cent lower in 2011/12 than in 2010/11.
- In 2011/12 there were 278,510 learners domiciled in Wales and pursuing learning at a further education (FE) institution, other training provider, local authority community learning provider, or FE institution or provider located in England.
- 65 per cent of learners were enrolled at Welsh FE institutions (including their training subsidiaries), 14 per cent were enrolled at other training providers, 7 per cent were enrolled at local authority community learning providers, 11 per cent were enrolled at school sixth forms and 3 per cent were enrolled at English providers.
Tel: 029 2082 6556