UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Following publication, a data coding error was identified. This error concerned the incorrect categorisation of two learning providers as Further Education Institutions instead of Work Based Learning Consortia. As such, Table 2 of this bulletin, along with the associated bullet points, has been revised.
- The total number of Welsh domiciled learners was 6 per cent lower in 2011/12 than in 2010/11.
- In 2011/12 there were 278,510 learners domiciled in Wales and pursuing learning at a further education (FE) institution, other training provider, local authority community learning provider, or FE institution or provider located in England.
- 65 per cent of learners were enrolled at Welsh FE institutions (including their training subsidiaries), 14 per cent were enrolled at other training providers, 7 per cent were enrolled at local authority community learning providers, 11 per cent were enrolled at school sixth forms and 3 per cent were enrolled at English providers.
Tel: 029 2082 6556