Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Following publication, a data coding error was identified. This error concerned the incorrect categorisation of two learning providers as Further Education Institutions instead of Work Based Learning Consortia. As such, Table 2 of this bulletin, along with the associated bullet points, has been revised.
- The total number of Welsh domiciled learners was 6 per cent lower in 2011/12 than in 2010/11.
- In 2011/12 there were 278,510 learners domiciled in Wales and pursuing learning at a further education (FE) institution, other training provider, local authority community learning provider, or FE institution or provider located in England.
- 65 per cent of learners were enrolled at Welsh FE institutions (including their training subsidiaries), 14 per cent were enrolled at other training providers, 7 per cent were enrolled at local authority community learning providers, 11 per cent were enrolled at school sixth forms and 3 per cent were enrolled at English providers.
Tel: 029 2082 6556