Wales will have the courage to deliver national mission of education reform – Kirsty Williams
Wales will have the courage to deliver its national mission of education reform, Education Secretary Kirsty Williams vowed today as the latest PISA results were published (Tues 6th Dec).
- Tourism boom continues through Autumn – with further awards for Wales
- Minister welcomes £10m investment in Cardiff University
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Wales will have the courage to deliver national mission of education reform – Kirsty Williams
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report showing data on the mode of transport used by students and travel casualties.
The key points from this release are:
- the School Transport 2009-10 survey showed that 110,400 students used the learner travel as provided by local authorities on 1 September 2009
- 90 per cent of single decker buses in use on the date of the survey (1 September 2009) had seat belts fitted compared to 35 per cent of double decker buses
- 92 per cent of double decker buses in use on the date of the survey were registered before 1 October 2001
- 91 per cent of domestic addresses in Wales are within 3 mile road distance of at least 1 primary school, with 81 per cent of domestic addresses in Wales within 3 mile road distance of at least 1 secondary school
- killed or seriously injured (KSI) school pupil casualties have decreased by 31 per cent over the period 2005-09, with slight casualties decreasing by 29 per cent over the same period
- 61 per cent of child casualties on a journey to or from school in 2008-09 occurred when a child walked to school, compared to 20 per cent as a passenger in a car and 10 per cent as a passenger in a bus or coach.
Tel: 029 2082 6960