UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
75 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A quarterly report which shows the short-term movements in the output of service sector companies within Wales.
- The longer term trend (latest four quarters compared to previous four quarters) for the Index of Market Services increased for both Wales and the UK (the index is up 1.7 per cent in Wales and up 3.0 per cent in the UK). The increase in Wales is largely accounted for by increases in output from Real Estate Activities and Professional, Scientific & Technical Activities, whilst the increase in the UK is mostly accounted for by Distribution, Information & Communication Activities and Professional, Scientific & Technical Activities.
- Over the short term (latest quarter compared to previous quarter) output increased in both Wales and the UK by 0.9 per cent and 0.7 per cent respectively. The increase in Wales is largely accounted for by increases in the output of Financial & Insurance Activities and Real Estate Activities, whilst the increase in the UK is largely accounted for by increases in the output of Distribution and Financial & Insurance Activities.
Tel: 029 2082 6960
Tel: 029 2089 8099