Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An estimate of the additional homes required between 2006 and 2026.
- An estimated 284,000 additional homes are required in Wales between 2006 and 2026.
- 183,000 of these are in the market sector and 101,000 in the non-market sector.
- These estimates average 14,200 dwellings a year - 9,200 in the market sector and 5,100 in the non-market sector.
- In addition, there is a current backlog of unmet housing need which is estimated at 9,500 households.
- Estimates for local authority areas over the period 2006 to 2026 range from 2,500 homes in Merthyr Tydfil to 37,300 in Cardiff. As estimates, they do not override the more informed assessments of housing need undertaken by individual local authorities.