UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An estimate of the additional homes required between 2006 and 2026.
- An estimated 284,000 additional homes are required in Wales between 2006 and 2026.
- 183,000 of these are in the market sector and 101,000 in the non-market sector.
- These estimates average 14,200 dwellings a year - 9,200 in the market sector and 5,100 in the non-market sector.
- In addition, there is a current backlog of unmet housing need which is estimated at 9,500 households.
- Estimates for local authority areas over the period 2006 to 2026 range from 2,500 homes in Merthyr Tydfil to 37,300 in Cardiff. As estimates, they do not override the more informed assessments of housing need undertaken by individual local authorities.