Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
In the run up to St David’s Day, Welsh Ministers are presenting Wales to the world and showing exactly what the country has to offer.
- Valleys Taskforce rolls into town
- Green light for highly successful blue light model
- Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An estimate of the additional homes required between 2006 and 2026.
- An estimated 284,000 additional homes are required in Wales between 2006 and 2026.
- 183,000 of these are in the market sector and 101,000 in the non-market sector.
- These estimates average 14,200 dwellings a year - 9,200 in the market sector and 5,100 in the non-market sector.
- In addition, there is a current backlog of unmet housing need which is estimated at 9,500 households.
- Estimates for local authority areas over the period 2006 to 2026 range from 2,500 homes in Merthyr Tydfil to 37,300 in Cardiff. As estimates, they do not override the more informed assessments of housing need undertaken by individual local authorities.