Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
European approval for new Wales RDP
The new RDP will be even more innovative, adaptable and integrated inorder to ensure maximum value is secured for rural Wales from theProgramme's joint EU/Welsh Government-funded investments.
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- European approval for new Wales RDP
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An estimate of the additional homes required between 2006 and 2026.
- An estimated 284,000 additional homes are required in Wales between 2006 and 2026.
- 183,000 of these are in the market sector and 101,000 in the non-market sector.
- These estimates average 14,200 dwellings a year - 9,200 in the market sector and 5,100 in the non-market sector.
- In addition, there is a current backlog of unmet housing need which is estimated at 9,500 households.
- Estimates for local authority areas over the period 2006 to 2026 range from 2,500 homes in Merthyr Tydfil to 37,300 in Cardiff. As estimates, they do not override the more informed assessments of housing need undertaken by individual local authorities.