Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Acerchem International a leading Chinese health and nutraceutical group is to establish its European HQ and R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales.
- New EU project to help grow the fisheries industry in Wales and Ireland
- Three quarters of a million pounds for Little Haven flood alleviation scheme
- Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
A report that includes information by household type, population and average size.
Estimated households for Wales
- Between mid-2014 and mid-2015 the estimated number of households in Wales increased by 5,900 (0.4 per cent) to 1.332 million.
- Over half of the overall increase was due to 1-person households which remained the most common household type in Wales, based on these estimates.
- It is estimated that overall numbers of households containing adults with children decreased whilst numbers of households containing adults without children increased.
Estimated households by local authority
- The estimated number of households increased for 19 of the 22 local authorities in Wales between mid-2014 and mid-2015. The largest increases were for Cardiff, Swansea and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
- For 18 of the 22 local authorities, the number of estimated households had a smaller increase than for the previous 12 months, with 3 local authorities showing an estimated growth of less than 100 households.
Private household population
- At a Wales level the estimated private household population has increased by around 7,000 between mid-2014 and mid-2015, compared to over 9,000 over the previous twelve months.
- Most local authorities contributed to the lower annual increase to mid-2015. There were decreases in the household population for 9 of the 22 local authorities.
Average household size estimates
- Estimated average household size for Wales has decreased slightly from 2.31 to 2.29 persons between mid-2011 and mid-2015.
- All local authorities have shown a decrease in estimated average household size since 2011, except Merthyr Tydfil which has not shown a change in its estimated average household size since 2001.
Tel: 029 2082 6768
Tel: 029 2089 8099