Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Higher education student enrolments and qualifications obtained at higher education institutions in the UK
An annual report, produced by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), which includes data by level and mode of study, domicile, location of institution, subject area and level of qualification.
- The total number of Higher Education (HE) enrolments at UK HE Institutions (HEIs) for 2012/13 was 2,340,275, a decrease of 6 per cent from 2011/12.
- The number of HE enrolments at Welsh HEIs was 128,780, showing a 2 per cent decrease from 2011/12.
- Undergraduate enrolments at Welsh HEIs decreased by 2 per cent and postgraduate enrolments also decreased by 2 per cent compared to 2011/12.
- The total number of full-time first year student enrolments on all HE courses at Welsh HEIs fell by 4 per cent relative to 2011/12.
- At UK HEIs in 2012/13, there were 787,900 HE qualifications obtained compared with 787,205 in 2011/12; showing no percentage difference from 2011/12.
- At Welsh HEIs in 2012/13 there were 22,490 first degree graduates compared to 22,250 in 2011/12; an increase of 1 per cent.
- First degrees accounted for 53 per cent of qualifications obtained in 2012/13 from Welsh HEIs.
Tel: 029 2082 3528