Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
In the run up to St David’s Day, Welsh Ministers are presenting Wales to the world and showing exactly what the country has to offer.
- Nearly £14 million for improvements to Ysbyty Gwynedd A&E department
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
- Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Higher education student enrolments and qualifications obtained at higher education institutions in the UK
An annual report, produced by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), which includes data by level and mode of study, domicile, location of institution, subject area and level of qualification.
- The total number of Higher Education (HE) enrolments at UK HE Institutions (HEIs) for 2012/13 was 2,340,275, a decrease of 6 per cent from 2011/12.
- The number of HE enrolments at Welsh HEIs was 128,780, showing a 2 per cent decrease from 2011/12.
- Undergraduate enrolments at Welsh HEIs decreased by 2 per cent and postgraduate enrolments also decreased by 2 per cent compared to 2011/12.
- The total number of full-time first year student enrolments on all HE courses at Welsh HEIs fell by 4 per cent relative to 2011/12.
- At UK HEIs in 2012/13, there were 787,900 HE qualifications obtained compared with 787,205 in 2011/12; showing no percentage difference from 2011/12.
- At Welsh HEIs in 2012/13 there were 22,490 first degree graduates compared to 22,250 in 2011/12; an increase of 1 per cent.
- First degrees accounted for 53 per cent of qualifications obtained in 2012/13 from Welsh HEIs.
Tel: 029 2082 3528