Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Higher education student enrolments and qualifications obtained at higher education institutions in the UK
An annual report, produced by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), which includes data by level and mode of study, domicile, location of institution, subject area and level of qualification.
- The total number of Higher Education (HE) enrolments at UK HE Institutions (HEIs) for 2012/13 was 2,340,275, a decrease of 6 per cent from 2011/12.
- The number of HE enrolments at Welsh HEIs was 128,780, showing a 2 per cent decrease from 2011/12.
- Undergraduate enrolments at Welsh HEIs decreased by 2 per cent and postgraduate enrolments also decreased by 2 per cent compared to 2011/12.
- The total number of full-time first year student enrolments on all HE courses at Welsh HEIs fell by 4 per cent relative to 2011/12.
- At UK HEIs in 2012/13, there were 787,900 HE qualifications obtained compared with 787,205 in 2011/12; showing no percentage difference from 2011/12.
- At Welsh HEIs in 2012/13 there were 22,490 first degree graduates compared to 22,250 in 2011/12; an increase of 1 per cent.
- First degrees accounted for 53 per cent of qualifications obtained in 2012/13 from Welsh HEIs.
Tel: 029 2082 3528