UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Higher education student enrolments and qualifications obtained at higher education institutions in the UK
An annual report, produced by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), which includes data by level and mode of study, domicile, location of institution, subject area and level of qualification.
- The total number of Higher Education (HE) enrolments at UK HE Institutions (HEIs) for 2012/13 was 2,340,275, a decrease of 6 per cent from 2011/12.
- The number of HE enrolments at Welsh HEIs was 128,780, showing a 2 per cent decrease from 2011/12.
- Undergraduate enrolments at Welsh HEIs decreased by 2 per cent and postgraduate enrolments also decreased by 2 per cent compared to 2011/12.
- The total number of full-time first year student enrolments on all HE courses at Welsh HEIs fell by 4 per cent relative to 2011/12.
- At UK HEIs in 2012/13, there were 787,900 HE qualifications obtained compared with 787,205 in 2011/12; showing no percentage difference from 2011/12.
- At Welsh HEIs in 2012/13 there were 22,490 first degree graduates compared to 22,250 in 2011/12; an increase of 1 per cent.
- First degrees accounted for 53 per cent of qualifications obtained in 2012/13 from Welsh HEIs.
Tel: 029 2082 3528