Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Cabinet Secretary says strong Welsh budget for housing will help provide 20,000 homes
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Findings are presented under the following headings:
- health behaviours
- health outcomes
- risk behaviours
- social context.
The objectives of the international Health behaviour in school-aged children study, in which Wales has participated for 30 years, include:
- to provide an-in depth understanding of young people’s health and wellbeing, including the social determinants of health
- to inform policy and practice to improve young people’s lives
- to disseminate findings to various groups, for example Welsh Government policy makers, local government, the NHS, teachers, parents, young people and researchers
- to initiate and sustain national and international research on health behaviours and the social context of health among young people.
In 2013/14 some 9,000 young people in secondary schools across Wales (school years seven to 11) participated in the study. As well as presenting the most recently collected 2013/14 data, historical trends are also provided for a number of indicators, going back to 1985/86 in a number of cases. It is anticipated that further publications will follow.
Tel: 029 2082 6543