£17 million in the bag for good causes says Minister
"Consumer habits appear to be changing which is having a positive knock on effect on the environment as well as raising a significant amount of money for good causes.”
- Welsh Government assists Fox 21 Television Studios to revive ‘sleeping Dragon’ Studios
- Minister launches first day of discounted bus travel for young people in Wales
- £17 million in the bag for good causes says Minister
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Featured consultation »Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
77 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Gypsy and traveller caravan count
Statistics on Gypsy and Traveller caravans in Wales on both authorised and unauthorised sites are based on survey data (not a sample survey) collected by Local Authorities on the 15th January 2015.
The count is used when assessing bids from Local Authorities for the Gypsy and Traveller Sites Capital Grant. The commencement of section 101 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014 also requires Local Authorities to carry out an assessment of the accommodation needs of Gypsies and Travellers residing in or resorting to their area.
- There were 1,020 Gypsy and Traveller caravans reported in Wales on 15th January 2015.
- There were 100 sites across Wales. The number of caravans ranged from 1 to 99 on each site.
- For the 20 Local Authorities that participated in both the January 2014 and January 2015 count, the number of caravans on authorised sites has increased by 32 caravans.
- There were 71 caravans on unauthorised sites on land owned by Gypsies and Travellers, accounting for 7 per cent of all caravans.
- A further 104 caravans (10 per cent of all caravans) were on unauthorised sites not owned by Gypsies.
Gypsy sites provided by local authorities
- There were 375 pitches on Gypsy and Traveller sites provided by local authorities in Wales on 15th January 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 6023