Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Gypsy and traveller caravan count
Statistics on Gypsy and Traveller caravans in Wales on both authorised and unauthorised sites are based on survey data (not a sample survey) collected by Local Authorities on the 15th January 2015.
The count is used when assessing bids from Local Authorities for the Gypsy and Traveller Sites Capital Grant. The commencement of section 101 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014 also requires Local Authorities to carry out an assessment of the accommodation needs of Gypsies and Travellers residing in or resorting to their area.
- There were 1,020 Gypsy and Traveller caravans reported in Wales on 15th January 2015.
- There were 100 sites across Wales. The number of caravans ranged from 1 to 99 on each site.
- For the 20 Local Authorities that participated in both the January 2014 and January 2015 count, the number of caravans on authorised sites has increased by 32 caravans.
- There were 71 caravans on unauthorised sites on land owned by Gypsies and Travellers, accounting for 7 per cent of all caravans.
- A further 104 caravans (10 per cent of all caravans) were on unauthorised sites not owned by Gypsies.
Gypsy sites provided by local authorities
- There were 375 pitches on Gypsy and Traveller sites provided by local authorities in Wales on 15th January 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 6023