Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
The Welsh Government has awarded £149,530 to the Wales Co-operative Centre to support the Co-operative Housing in Wales project, Communities and Children Secretary Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
- Avian Influenza Prevention Zone to end on 30 April
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Great Britain Day Visits Survey
The survey is undertaken jointly with VisitEngland and VisitScotland. Its aim is to measure the volume, value and profile of Tourism Day Visits taken by GB residents to destinations in GB.
The 2016 survey took the form of some 35,000 online interviews throughout Britain. The Wales resident sample was boosted to approximately 5,000 in order to permit more detailed secondary analysis in due course.
March 2016 to February 2017
Release date: 04 April 2017
Data has been published on StatsWales.
January to December 2016
Release date: 09 February 2017
- In the 12 months ending December 2016, there were 102.2 million tourism day visits to Wales, with an associated spend of £4,096 million.
- The number of tourism day visits made to Wales in the 12 months ending December 2016 has increased by 36.6% compared to the 12 months previous, while the amount spent has increased by 50.9%.
Further informationMonthly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published quarterly.
Tel: 0300 061 6026
Tel: 029 2089 8169