Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on type of fire, casualties, damage and source.
- The Welsh Fire and Rescue Authorities attended 2,613 grassland, woodland and crop fires in 2014-15, a decrease of 33 per cent on 2013-14. The number of these fires is prone to fluctuation and the 2014-15 figure follows a 81 per cent increase in the previous year. The 2014-15 figure is the second lowest in the time series (from 2001 02).
- In 2014-15, both primary and secondary grassland, woodland and crop fires fell by a third; there were 84 primary fires (128 in 2013-14) and 2,529 secondary fires (3,748 in 2013-14).
- In 2014-15, three quarters of primary and secondary fires on grassland, woodland and crops were started deliberately.
- In 2014-15, 45 per cent of grassland, woodland and crop fires occurred in the spring months April, May (2014) and March (2015), 13 percentage points lower than in 2013 14.
- Of the grassland, woodland and crop fires in 2014-15, 52 per cent were in South Wales, 33 per cent were in Mid and West Wales and 16 per cent were in North Wales.
- There were 6 non-fatal casualties but no fatal casualties from grassland, woodland and crop fires in Wales in 2014-15. The last fatality resulting from a grassland fire occurred in 2007-08.
- In 2014-15, three fifths of grassland, woodland and crop fires damaged an area less than 20 square metres; this is the highest proportion seen in the available time series (from 2009-10).
Tel: 029 2082 6699