Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill.
- Launch of Creative Learning through the Arts – an Action Plan for Wales
- 34,000 alcohol-related hospital admissions cost Welsh NHS £109m a year
- Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
27 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
General Practice Patient Survey
A report presenting information on access to a GP or healthcare professional within 24 hours, ability to book appointments in advance and patient satisfaction.
- Overall, 322,700 questionnaires were distributed within Wales. In total, 161,159 were completed and received, resulting in a 50 per cent response rate.
- More than eight out of ten patients (83 per cent) who had tried to see a GP fairly quickly reported that they were able to get access to a GP or health care professional within 24 hours.
- Nearly three-quarters of patients (74 per cent) reported that they were able to book an appointment with a GP or health care professional more than two full days in advance.
- Nearly nine in ten patients (88 per cent) reported that they were satisfied with the care they received at their surgery, including 57 per cent who were very satisfied.
Tel: 029 2082 5080