Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This report summarises provisional data on learners in post-16 education and training excluding those at Higher Education institutions and schools but including Further Education institutions (FEIs), other Work-based Learning providers and Community Learning provision collected via the Welsh Government’s Lifelong Learning Wales Record (LLWR).
The statistics on learner numbers in post-16 education and training include data for Wales for the period August 2015 to July 2016. The latest release contains provisional statistics due to be updated in March 2017.
- There were 173,075 learners at FEIs, Community Learning (CL) or Work-based Learning (WBL) providers during 2015/16, a reduction of 12 per cent on 2014/15.
- Within this fall in the total FE/WBL/CL population, full-time learner numbers in FE fell slightly but part-time numbers at FEIs declined by 21 per cent. Total local authority community learning fell by 32 per cent.
- Total work-based learner numbers fell by 6 per cent but the number of higher apprentices rose by 37 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 3528
Tel: 029 2089 8099