Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Acerchem International a leading Chinese health and nutraceutical group is to establish its European HQ and R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales.
- New EU project to help grow the fisheries industry in Wales and Ireland
- Three quarters of a million pounds for Little Haven flood alleviation scheme
- Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
A report which includes information on fires, location, cause, motive, casualties and false alarms attended.
- In 2015-16 the number of attendances at fire and false alarm incidents by Welsh Fire and Rescue Services decreased by 2 per cent compared with the previous year. Since 2001-02 there has been a downward trend in the number of incidents attended; the 2015-16 figure is 51 per cent lower than in 2001-02.
- The number of primary fires in Wales increased by 3 per cent over the year from 4,561 in 2014-15 to 4,681 in 2015-16. Primary fires include all fires in non-derelict buildings and vehicles or in outdoor structures, or any fire involving casualties or rescues, or fires attended by five or more appliances.
- There were 19 fatal casualties from fires in Wales in 2015-16.
- The number of non-fatal casualties was 593 in 2015-16, an increase of 9 per cent compared with 2014-15.
- In 2015-16 there were 14,498 false fire alarms in Wales, down from 15,485 in 2014-15, a decrease of 1 per cent.
- The number of malicious false fire alarms decreased from 605 in 2014-15 to 558 in 2015-16.
- In 3 in 10 dwelling fires in Wales in 2015-16, no smoke alarm was installed.
Cause of fires
- In 2015-16 the largest single cause of accidental dwelling fires was misuse of equipment or appliances, equating to 34 per cent. This has consistently been the main cause of accidental dwelling fires since 2001-02.
- In 2015-16, 69 per cent of primary fires and 78 per cent of dwelling fires in Wales were attended within 10 minutes.
Tel: 029 2082 6699
Tel: 029 2089 8099