Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Cabinet Secretary says strong Welsh budget for housing will help provide 20,000 homes
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report which includes information on fires, location, cause, motive, casualties and false alarms attended.
- In 2015-16 the number of attendances at fire and false alarm incidents by Welsh Fire and Rescue Services decreased by 2 per cent compared with the previous year. Since 2001-02 there has been a downward trend in the number of incidents attended; the 2015-16 figure is 51 per cent lower than in 2001-02.
- The number of primary fires in Wales increased by 3 per cent over the year from 4,561 in 2014-15 to 4,681 in 2015-16. Primary fires include all fires in non-derelict buildings and vehicles or in outdoor structures, or any fire involving casualties or rescues, or fires attended by five or more appliances.
- There were 19 fatal casualties from fires in Wales in 2015-16.
- The number of non-fatal casualties was 593 in 2015-16, an increase of 9 per cent compared with 2014-15.
- In 2015-16 there were 14,498 false fire alarms in Wales, down from 15,485 in 2014-15, a decrease of 1 per cent.
- The number of malicious false fire alarms decreased from 605 in 2014-15 to 558 in 2015-16.
- In 3 in 10 dwelling fires in Wales in 2015-16, no smoke alarm was installed.
Cause of fires
- In 2015-16 the largest single cause of accidental dwelling fires was misuse of equipment or appliances, equating to 34 per cent. This has consistently been the main cause of accidental dwelling fires since 2001-02.
- In 2015-16, 69 per cent of primary fires and 78 per cent of dwelling fires in Wales were attended within 10 minutes.
Tel: 029 2082 6699
Tel: 029 2089 8099