Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
European approval for new Wales RDP
The new RDP will be even more innovative, adaptable and integrated inorder to ensure maximum value is secured for rural Wales from theProgramme's joint EU/Welsh Government-funded investments.
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- European approval for new Wales RDP
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Fire and rescue service performance
An annual report which Includes information on fires attended, deaths due to fires, malicious false alarms, female firefighters.
- There were 13,170 fires attended by the Fire and Rescue Services in Wales, an increase of 15 per cent compared with 2012-13. Since data collection was devolved to Wales in 2004-05 the number has halved.
- There were 7,567 deliberate fires started in Wales, an increase of 18 per cent compared to 2012-13. Since 2004-05 the number has fallen by 62 per cent.
- There were 17 deaths due to fires in Wales; the same number as in 2012-13, but lower than the annual average since 2004-05 (around 21).
- There were 225 fire injuries attended by the Fire and Rescue Service in Wales, an increase of 17 per cent compared to 2012-13. The figure is part of a fluctuating series in a range of 193 to 310 injuries per year since 2006-07.
- In 31 per cent of dwelling fires there was no fire detection equipment, 1 percentage point more compared to 2012-13.
- There were 2,000 malicious false alarm received by Fire and Rescue Service in Wales during the year; this has dropped by 26 per cent compared with 2012-13 and by 62 per cent since 2004-05.
Tel: 029 2082 3234