Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has officially opened phase 1 of the redevelopment of Saundersfoot Harbour.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Minister visits pioneering dementia care project in Raglan
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the Act
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
56 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Fire and rescue service performance
An annual report which Includes information on fires attended, deaths due to fires, malicious false alarms, female firefighters.
- There were 13,170 fires attended by the Fire and Rescue Services in Wales, an increase of 15 per cent compared with 2012-13. Since data collection was devolved to Wales in 2004-05 the number has halved.
- There were 7,567 deliberate fires started in Wales, an increase of 18 per cent compared to 2012-13. Since 2004-05 the number has fallen by 62 per cent.
- There were 17 deaths due to fires in Wales; the same number as in 2012-13, but lower than the annual average since 2004-05 (around 21).
- There were 225 fire injuries attended by the Fire and Rescue Service in Wales, an increase of 17 per cent compared to 2012-13. The figure is part of a fluctuating series in a range of 193 to 310 injuries per year since 2006-07.
- In 31 per cent of dwelling fires there was no fire detection equipment, 1 percentage point more compared to 2012-13.
- There were 2,000 malicious false alarm received by Fire and Rescue Service in Wales during the year; this has dropped by 26 per cent compared with 2012-13 and by 62 per cent since 2004-05.
Tel: 029 2082 3234