Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
The Welsh Government is supporting a new UK/US production company to produce high-end TV and film for the global television market.
- 150 year bond with Patagonia strong and lasting says First Minister
- First Minister launches new Young Persons Discounted Travel Scheme and upgraded TrawsCymru T3 Service
- Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
58 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on Eye Care Services provided in Wales together with workforce information.
Primary eye care services
- During 2014-15, 750,244 General Ophthalmic Service sight tests were paid for by the NHS, a 1.1 per cent decrease on the previous year.
- 123,697 examinations were carried out under Eye Health Examinations Wales during the same year.
- Of the 119,623 patients screened by the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Service in 2014-15, 28.7 per cent were found to have diabetic retinopathy.
Hospital eye services
- There were 329,692 attendances to ophthalmology outpatient appointments in Welsh hospitals in 2013-14.
- Health Boards received 45,391 GP referrals for ophthalmology in 2014-15.
Rehabilitation - low vision service
- 7,790 assessments were carried out by the Low Vision Service Wales.
People newly certified and/or registered as severely sight impaired and sight impaired
- At 31 March 2014, almost 17,000 people were registered with a visual impairment, of whom around half were registered as severely sight impaired and half as sight impaired.
- 1,302 people were newly certified as sight impaired in 2013-14; over 50 per cent of these were aged 80 years or over.
- There were 776 practitioners carrying out sight tests paid for by the NHS at 31 December 2014, 5 fewer than the previous year but a 15.5 per cent increase since December 2004.
- At 30 September 2014 there were 143 whole time equivalent ophthalmology doctors directly employed by the NHS in Wales.
Tel: 029 2082 5039