Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
MELAP is an initiative supporting pupils aged 11-19 whose home language is not English.
MELAP was expected to achieve three aims:
- Raise attainment and tackle the risk of underachievement among black and minority ethnic (BME) groups of young people.
- Improve equality of opportunity to future employment and employability for BME young people through improved engagement in education and training.
- Build on existing monitoring and evaluation systems to effectively measure achievement and engagement levels of the targeted pupils assisted.
As such the evaluation covered the following aspects:
- The extent at which MELAP has met the ESF requirements.
- Assesses the effectiveness of MELAP in meeting its aims, objectives and targets.
- Examples of good practice in providing assistance to relevant pupils.
- Identifying lessons learnt to inform any continuation or potential expansion of the programme.
Partly funded by European Social Funds (ESF).
- The evaluation highlighted some issues around the design and development of the project which led to difficulties for some local authorities in expanding and adapting their activities.
- Evaluators concluded that ESF funding has enabled more pupils to be assisted and for additional means of assistance to be provided.
- Evidence suggests that MELAP has contributed to an increase of educational attainment of pupils with English as and Additional Language (EAL) needs.
Tel: 029 2080 1125