Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
The Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales are contributing £10,000 of funding each to enable a Welsh team to compete in the Special Olympics National Games in Sheffield this summer.
- New funding for musical instruments in schools – Kirsty Williams
- Supporting People budget protected
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
MELAP is an initiative supporting pupils aged 11-19 whose home language is not English.
MELAP was expected to achieve three aims:
- Raise attainment and tackle the risk of underachievement among black and minority ethnic (BME) groups of young people.
- Improve equality of opportunity to future employment and employability for BME young people through improved engagement in education and training.
- Build on existing monitoring and evaluation systems to effectively measure achievement and engagement levels of the targeted pupils assisted.
As such the evaluation covered the following aspects:
- The extent at which MELAP has met the ESF requirements.
- Assesses the effectiveness of MELAP in meeting its aims, objectives and targets.
- Examples of good practice in providing assistance to relevant pupils.
- Identifying lessons learnt to inform any continuation or potential expansion of the programme.
Partly funded by European Social Funds (ESF).
- The evaluation highlighted some issues around the design and development of the project which led to difficulties for some local authorities in expanding and adapting their activities.
- Evaluators concluded that ESF funding has enabled more pupils to be assisted and for additional means of assistance to be provided.
- Evidence suggests that MELAP has contributed to an increase of educational attainment of pupils with English as and Additional Language (EAL) needs.
Tel: 029 2080 1125