5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Evaluation of the Effectiveness of the Denbighshire Independent Education Recovery Board
The formal aim of the evaluation was: to consider the extent to which the Board has been effective and whether or not the Board has contributed to the improvement of the Local Education Authority (LEA); and specifically to highlight any examples of good practice which could inform future interventions.
The more detailed objectives of the evaluation study thus focused on:
- achieving an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the Recovery Board model;
- a review of how the Board conducted its business;
- investigating key stakeholders’ perceptions of the Board’s work;
- and its impact on the authority’s recovery.