Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
A new model of clinical supervision for midwives in Wales was launched by Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) Professor Jean White.
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Ken Skates keen to explore further A55 improvements
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The evaluation included analysis of data from case management records, semi structured interviews with managers, practitioners, and older people, a focus group, and police recorded incidents of domestic abuse.
- A total of 145 separate incidents, involving 131 individual victims, were recorded between 3rd December 2010 and 31st January 2012. Data was available for 127 victims (in four cases a second victim was identified as being present at the time of the incident).
- It was evident from the case files that the police responded sensitively and positively to victims of elder abuse. In some instances, the police paid regular visits to the homes of victims. These safety checks were considered to have a potential deterrent effect.
- In terms of consent, options discussed, ‘active engagement’ (i.e. when a victim engages with an agency to which they had been referred) and legal and welfare outcomes, the cases referred to the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference faired very well.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.