Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
European approval for new Wales RDP
The new RDP will be even more innovative, adaptable and integrated inorder to ensure maximum value is secured for rural Wales from theProgramme's joint EU/Welsh Government-funded investments.
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- European approval for new Wales RDP
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3
Some local authority figures in Tables 3, 6 and 9 have been revised due to an issue identified in the treatment of pupils new to the English and Welsh education system in the data processing stage.
Foundation Phase Outcomes
- About 4 in 5 (85.2 per cent) pupils at the end of Foundation Phase achieved the expected outcome in all mandatory areas of learning.
Key Stage 2
- Results are higher for all subjects when compared to 2013, and higher by at least 15 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
Key Stage 3
- Results are higher in all subjects when compared to 2013, and higher by at least 19 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
- Girls outperform boys in each area of learning/subject in each Foundation Phase/Key Stage.
A further breakdown of all the data shown in this release by local authority, attainment level and by gender will be available on StatsWales.
Tel: 029 2082 5968