Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3
Foundation Phase Outcomes
- About 17 in 20 (86.8 per cent) pupils at the end of Foundation Phase achieved the expected outcome in all mandatory areas of learning.
Key Stage 2
- Results are higher for all subjects when compared with 2014, and higher by at least 15 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
Key Stage 3
- Results are higher in all subjects when compared with 2014, and higher by at least 20 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
- Girls outperform boys in each area of learning/subject in each Foundation Phase/Key Stage.
A further breakdown of all the data shown in this release by local authority, attainment level and by gender is available on StatsWales.
Benchmark information tables are also available for Foundation Phase Outcomes and Key Stages 2 and 3 (core and non-core subjects) and are published alongside this release.
Tel: 029 2082 5968
Tel: 029 2089 8099