UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3
Foundation Phase Outcomes
- About 17 in 20 (86.8 per cent) pupils at the end of Foundation Phase achieved the expected outcome in all mandatory areas of learning.
Key Stage 2
- Results are higher for all subjects when compared with 2014, and higher by at least 15 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
Key Stage 3
- Results are higher in all subjects when compared with 2014, and higher by at least 20 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
- Girls outperform boys in each area of learning/subject in each Foundation Phase/Key Stage.
A further breakdown of all the data shown in this release by local authority, attainment level and by gender is available on StatsWales.
Benchmark information tables are also available for Foundation Phase Outcomes and Key Stages 2 and 3 (core and non-core subjects) and are published alongside this release.
Tel: 029 2082 5968
Tel: 029 2089 8099