Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3
Foundation Phase Outcomes
- About 17 in 20 (86.8 per cent) pupils at the end of Foundation Phase achieved the expected outcome in all mandatory areas of learning.
Key Stage 2
- Results are higher for all subjects when compared with 2014, and higher by at least 15 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
Key Stage 3
- Results are higher in all subjects when compared with 2014, and higher by at least 20 percentage points for each subject than they were in 1999.
- Girls outperform boys in each area of learning/subject in each Foundation Phase/Key Stage.
A further breakdown of all the data shown in this release by local authority, attainment level and by gender will be available on StatsWales. Data will be added to the StatsWales website shortly.
Benchmark information tables are also available for Foundation Phase Outcomes and Key Stages 2 and 3 (core and non-core subjects) and are published alongside this release.
Tel: 029 2082 5968