Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report which presents data by sector, gender, type of organisation and occupation.
- Just under a quarter of people in employment were employed in the public sector in Wales in 2007.
- Between 1999 and 2007 public sector employment in Wales increased by 8 per cent, compared to an increase of 12 per cent in the private sector.
- Almost two thirds of those in Wales who are in employment in the public sector are women.
- Just over half of those working in the public sector in Wales work in local government (this includes schools).
- Only 8 per cent of those in employment in the public sector are aged under 25, compared with 18 per cent in the private sector.
- Over half of those employed in the public sector in Wales have a degree or higher qualification compared to just under a quarter in the private sector.
Tel: 029 2082 5817