Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
£800,000 of Welsh Government funding will help Flying Start projects across Wales to improve their facilities, the Communities and Children Secretary announced today.
- EU funding to extend financial services graduate programme in Wales
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
- Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report which presents data by sector, gender, type of organisation and occupation.
- Just under a quarter of people in employment were employed in the public sector in Wales in 2007.
- Between 1999 and 2007 public sector employment in Wales increased by 8 per cent, compared to an increase of 12 per cent in the private sector.
- Almost two thirds of those in Wales who are in employment in the public sector are women.
- Just over half of those working in the public sector in Wales work in local government (this includes schools).
- Only 8 per cent of those in employment in the public sector are aged under 25, compared with 18 per cent in the private sector.
- Over half of those employed in the public sector in Wales have a degree or higher qualification compared to just under a quarter in the private sector.
Tel: 029 2082 5817