Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
A programme which helps parents who are out of work access education, employment or training opportunities will be extended to 31 March 2020.
- Minister praises innovative youth sport project
- Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
EMA is a weekly allowance linked to satisfactory attendance, paid fortnightly to eligible students aged 16–18 attending learning centres in Wales. Students qualify for an award depending on household income and family circumstances.
Monthly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually. The annual report provides advice on the quality of this information and how it can be used.
End of November 2016
Release date: 21 December 2016
Data has been published on StatsWales.
Release date: 28 September 2016
The data, based on applications received by 1 September 2016, are correct as at 13 September 2016.
- Approved applications were down 9 per cent on last year, whilst the total number of applications received was down by 7 per cent.
- A total of 28,330 applications were received for 2015/16.
- 26,245 (93 per cent) of applications received were approved, 1,020 (4 per cent) were rejected and 1,030 (4 per cent) were incomplete .
- 10,830 (41 per cent) of approved applications were from 16 year olds, 10,295 (39 per cent) were from 17 year olds and 5,120 (20 per cent) were from 18 year olds and over.
- 12,295 (47 per cent) of approved applications were from first year claimants and were therefore entitled to £30 per week.
Tel: 029 2082 3895
Tel: 029 2089 8099