Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
EMA is a weekly allowance linked to satisfactory attendance, paid fortnightly to eligible students aged 16–18 attending learning centres in Wales. Students qualify for an award depending on household income and family circumstances.
Monthly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually. The annual report provides advice on the quality of this information and how it can be used.
End of July 2016
Release date: 17 August 2016
Data has been published on StatsWales.
Release date: 23 September 2015
The data, based on applications received by 1 September 2015, are correct as at 15 September 2015.
- Approved applications were down 5 per cent on last year, whilst the total number of applications received was down by 3 per cent.
- A total of 30,465 applications were received for 2014/15.
- 28,770 (94 per cent) of applications received were approved, 845 (3 per cent) were rejected and 670 (2 per cent) were incomplete.
- 11,905 (41 per cent) of approved applications were from 16 year olds, 11,640 (40 per cent) were from 17 year olds and 5,225 (18 per cent) were from 18 year olds and over.
Tel: 029 2082 3895
Tel: 029 2089 8099