UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Educational attainment of young people by age 19
A report which includes information by age, gender, year of attainment and qualifcation type.
Persons aged 19 in 2012/13
- By the age of 19, 82 per cent had attained the level 2 threshold, and 53 per cent had level 3.
- Level 2 attainment increased by 22 percentage points between ages 15 and 19. Level 3 attainment increased by 11 percentage points between ages 17 and 19. Over time, level 2 and 3 attainment has been increasing at each age from 15 to 19.
- Level 2 attainment in English/Welsh, and maths, increases between ages 15 and 19, and has increased over time.
- The proportion of females achieving each level was higher than for males at all ages, although the size of this gap decreased as age increased.
- Most of level 2 attainment by age 15 was through academic qualifications, while for post-16 it was vocational. Most of level 3 attainment by age 19 was through level 3 general qualifications.
Tel: 029 2082 5378