Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Educational attainment of young people by age 19
A report which includes information by age, gender, year of attainment and qualifcation type.
Persons aged 19 in 2012/13
- By the age of 19, 82 per cent had attained the level 2 threshold, and 53 per cent had level 3.
- Level 2 attainment increased by 22 percentage points between ages 15 and 19. Level 3 attainment increased by 11 percentage points between ages 17 and 19. Over time, level 2 and 3 attainment has been increasing at each age from 15 to 19.
- Level 2 attainment in English/Welsh, and maths, increases between ages 15 and 19, and has increased over time.
- The proportion of females achieving each level was higher than for males at all ages, although the size of this gap decreased as age increased.
- Most of level 2 attainment by age 15 was through academic qualifications, while for post-16 it was vocational. Most of level 3 attainment by age 19 was through level 3 general qualifications.
Tel: 029 2082 5378