UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Data on vehicles, school fires, source and hazardous materials, casualties, prevention and location.
- The Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended a total of 7,564 deliberate fires in 2013-14. This is an increase of 18 per cent compared with the previous year, but a decrease of 71 per cent compared with 2001-02. Of these fires, 18 per cent were primary fires.
- In 2013-14, 66 per cent of deliberate fires were in South Wales, 24 per cent in Mid and West Wales, and 10 per cent were in North Wales.
- In 2013-14, there were 664 primary fires started deliberately in vehicles, a decrease of 8 per cent compared with the previous year.
- In 2013-14, there were 6 deliberate fires in schools, equating to 18 per cent of all fires in schools.
Source and Hazardous Materials
- Furniture and furnishings were the materials first ignited in 19 per cent of deliberate primary fires in the combined figures for 2009-10 to 2013-14.
- Of the dangerous substances in deliberate primary fires in total in 2009-10 to 2013-14, 70 per cent were flammable liquids.
- In 2013-14, there were 2 fatal casualty and 72 non-fatal.
Tel: 029 2082 6699