Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Data on vehicles, school fires, source and hazardous materials, casualties, prevention and location.
- The Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended a total of 7,564 deliberate fires in 2013-14. This is an increase of 18 per cent compared with the previous year, but a decrease of 71 per cent compared with 2001-02. Of these fires, 18 per cent were primary fires.
- In 2013-14, 66 per cent of deliberate fires were in South Wales, 24 per cent in Mid and West Wales, and 10 per cent were in North Wales.
- In 2013-14, there were 664 primary fires started deliberately in vehicles, a decrease of 8 per cent compared with the previous year.
- In 2013-14, there were 6 deliberate fires in schools, equating to 18 per cent of all fires in schools.
Source and Hazardous Materials
- Furniture and furnishings were the materials first ignited in 19 per cent of deliberate primary fires in the combined figures for 2009-10 to 2013-14.
- Of the dangerous substances in deliberate primary fires in total in 2009-10 to 2013-14, 70 per cent were flammable liquids.
- In 2013-14, there were 2 fatal casualty and 72 non-fatal.
Tel: 029 2082 6699