Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Data on vehicles, school fires, source and hazardous materials, casualties, prevention and location.
- The Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended a total of 7,564 deliberate fires in 2013-14. This is an increase of 18 per cent compared with the previous year, but a decrease of 71 per cent compared with 2001-02. Of these fires, 18 per cent were primary fires.
- In 2013-14, 66 per cent of deliberate fires were in South Wales, 24 per cent in Mid and West Wales, and 10 per cent were in North Wales.
- In 2013-14, there were 664 primary fires started deliberately in vehicles, a decrease of 8 per cent compared with the previous year.
- In 2013-14, there were 6 deliberate fires in schools, equating to 18 per cent of all fires in schools.
Source and Hazardous Materials
- Furniture and furnishings were the materials first ignited in 19 per cent of deliberate primary fires in the combined figures for 2009-10 to 2013-14.
- Of the dangerous substances in deliberate primary fires in total in 2009-10 to 2013-14, 70 per cent were flammable liquids.
- In 2013-14, there were 2 fatal casualty and 72 non-fatal.
Tel: 029 2082 6699