Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
A new model of clinical supervision for midwives in Wales was launched by Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) Professor Jean White.
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Ken Skates keen to explore further A55 improvements
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Cross border flows in education
A report which reports on the cross-border flow of learners (of all ages) between Wales and the rest of the UK.
Pupils at maintained primary, secondary and special schools(1)
- There has been a small net outflow of between 140 and 300 pupils from Wales to England in each year since 2003/04.
Learners in post-16 Education and Training (excluding higher education institutions)
- Data for full-time Further Education (FE), Work-based Learning (WBL) and school Sixth Form learners shows a net outflow of learners from Wales.
- Outflow increased by 57 per cent in the FE and WBL cohort, between 2006/07 and 2007/08.
Students in Higher Education Institutions
- Wales is a net importer of full-time students. In 2007/08, around 17,200 Welsh students were at UK Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) outside of Wales whilst around 26,300 students from the UK outside of Wales studied in Wales.
- Around two-thirds of Welsh domiciled students chose to study in Wales, the vast majority of the remainder studied in England.
- Over two fifths of students at Welsh HEIs were domiciled in England.
(1) 2008/09 data appear in the schools section.
Tel: 029 2082 3528