Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report which includes information on arrests, complaints, sentencing, prison populations and youth crime as well as court efficiencies and case outcomes.
This is a new release providing further detail on statistics previously released during 2009.
- The number of full time equivalent (FTE) police officers in Wales increased by 4 per cent between 2003 and 2007 but decreased by 3 per cent between 2007 and 2009.
- Between 2005/06 and 2007/08, the number of arrests in Wales decreased by 6 per cent.
- In 2009 Wales’ prison population decreased by 1 per cent to 2,800. Wales’ prison population in 2009 was 16 per cent higher than in 2003.
- The total number of persons sentenced in Welsh courts increased by 3 per cent between 2003 and 2004 but then decreased by 30 per cent between 2004 and 2008.
- The number of offences brought to justice in Wales rose 15 per cent between 2004/05 and 2007/08, before a 4 per cent decrease in 2008/09.
- Between 2006 and 2008, the time from offence to case completion in Magistrates’ Courts reduced by 16 per cent to 130 days.
- The number of complaint cases in Wales rose by 89 per cent between 2003/04 and 2008/09.
- The total number of under 18-year-olds committing offences resulting in disposals rose 2 per cent between 2004/05 and 2005/06, but since 2005/06 offences have decreased by 11 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 5280