Layla – accompanied by her hawk ’Shaka’ – will tell National Mentoring Day how mentoring gave her business a flying start
A business woman who runs a UK wide avian pest control company from Mid Wales will be in Cardiff today - with her hawk.
- Exciting plans in store for Porth Teigr
- Best ambulance performance in a year – Vaughan Gething
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Layla – accompanied by her hawk ’Shaka’ – will tell National Mentoring Day how mentoring gave her business a flying start
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2016-17 is £1,374. This includes £1,127 for county councils, £216 for police and £30 for community councils. Band D figures for billing authorities, including police elements, vary from £1,071 in Pembrokeshire to £1,695 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2016-17 average £41 or 3.7% over the previous year. Police increases average £6 or 2.8%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £47 or 3.5%.
- South Wales Police and Gwent Police have the largest band D increases of 4.0%. Dyfed Powys Police have frozen their band D council tax.
- Conwy has the largest overall band D percentage increase of 4.4%. Caerphilly has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 1.5%.
- In England, the estimated Band D percentage increase is 3.1%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 90% of the latest estimated figure of £1,530 for England.
Tel: 029 2082 5673