Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
27 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2014-15 is £1,276. This includes £1,043 for county councils, £205 for police and £28 for community councils. Figures for billing authorities, including the police elements, vary from £1,005 in Pembrokeshire to £1,591 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2014-15 average £44 or 4.2%. Police increases average £6 or 3.2%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £50 or 4.1%.
- Swansea has the largest band D percentage increase (including community council and police elements) of 5.0%. Flintshire has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 2.7%.
- In England, around 57% of authorities are estimated to freeze council tax in 2014-15 in exchange for additional funding from Central Government. The estimated average increase for English authorities is 0.6%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 87% of the latest estimated figure of £1,464 for England.
Tel: 029 2082 5355