UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2016-17 is £1,374. This includes £1,127 for county councils, £216 for police and £30 for community councils. Band D figures for billing authorities, including police elements, vary from £1,071 in Pembrokeshire to £1,695 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2016-17 average £41 or 3.7% over the previous year. Police increases average £6 or 2.8%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £47 or 3.5%.
- South Wales Police and Gwent Police have the largest band D increases of 4.0%. Dyfed Powys Police have frozen their band D council tax.
- Conwy has the largest overall band D percentage increase of 4.4%. Caerphilly has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 1.5%.
- In England, the estimated Band D percentage increase is 3.1%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 90% of the latest estimated figure of £1,530 for England.
Tel: 029 2082 5673