Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
The opening of Surf Snowdonia in Dolgarrog in the Conwy Valley this Saturday gives Wales another iconic adventure tourism attraction and makes it an adventure destination to rival any in the world.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
- Draft statutory guidance on the National Training Framework on violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Consultation on the Proposals for the Interim Agricultural Wages Order
- Developments of National Significance
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
53 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on number of dwellings liable for council tax, banding, discounts and exemptions.
- The total number of dwellings liable for council tax in Wales for 2015-16 is 1,350,943, a rise of 0.6% over the previous year. In tax raising terms, this total is equivalent to 1,210,462 band D dwellings. Torfaen is showing the highest increase of band D equivalent dwellings at 1.6%.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf has the highest number of band A properties (43,890). Blaenau Gwent has the highest proportion of dwellings in band A (59%), Monmouthshire has the lowest (1%).
- Around a third of dwellings in Wales receive a 25% discount, generally due to being occupied by only one liable person.
- There are 56,503 dwellings in Wales that are exempt from council tax. This represents 4% of all dwellings. The largest exempt category is empty and unfurnished at 18,763, followed by student dwellings at 14,668, with 5,470 dwellings being exempt as a result of being vacant on death.
Tel: 029 2082 3519