Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day in Wales
The Welsh Government has today outlined events across Wales to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day.
- Cylch Caron: £5.8m Welsh Government investment in services closer to home
- New £1m plan to improve liver disease services in Wales
- Wales to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day in Wales
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
- Consultation on the Regulation of Private Housing (Information, Periods and Fees for Registration and Licensing) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- Compulsory Microchipping of Dogs in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on number of dwellings liable for council tax, banding, discounts and exemptions.
- The total number of dwellings liable for council tax in Wales for 2015-16 is 1,350,943, a rise of 0.6% over the previous year. In tax raising terms, this total is equivalent to 1,210,462 band D dwellings. Torfaen is showing the highest increase of band D equivalent dwellings at 1.6%.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf has the highest number of band A properties (43,890). Blaenau Gwent has the highest proportion of dwellings in band A (59%), Monmouthshire has the lowest (1%).
- Around a third of dwellings in Wales receive a 25% discount, generally due to being occupied by only one liable person.
- There are 56,503 dwellings in Wales that are exempt from council tax. This represents 4% of all dwellings. The largest exempt category is empty and unfurnished at 18,763, followed by student dwellings at 14,668, with 5,470 dwellings being exempt as a result of being vacant on death.
Tel: 029 2082 3519