Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
First Minister Carwyn Jones – “We’re committed to a sensible Brexit that secures Wales’ future”
“As a leader of a country which voted to leave the EU, we are wholly focused on securing Wales’ future. We will step up to the plate and do all we can to deliver the best possible outcome for Wales.”
- ‘The Daily Mile’ officially launched in Wales
- Record breaking numbers of NHS staff in Wales welcomed by Vaughan Gething
- First Minister Carwyn Jones – “We’re committed to a sensible Brexit that secures Wales’ future”
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on number of dwellings liable for council tax, banding, discounts and exemptions.
- The total number of dwellings liable for council tax in Wales for 2017-18, has risen by 10,966 or 0.8% over the previous year to 1,369,946. For calculating Revenue Support Grant, this total is equivalent to 1,228,695 band D dwellings. Newport shows the highest increase of band D equivalent dwellings at 2.6%.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf has the highest number of band A dwellings (44,059). Blaenau Gwent has the highest proportion of dwellings in band A (59%), Monmouthshire has the lowest (1%).
- Around a third of dwellings in Wales receive a 25% discount, generally due to being occupied by only one person liable for council tax.
- There are 56,064 dwellings in Wales that are exempt from council tax. This represents 3.9% of all dwellings. The largest exempt category is empty and unfurnished at 17,621, followed by student dwellings at 15,189, with 5,855 dwellings being exempt as a result of being vacant on death.
- For the first time, 5 local authorities are charging a long term empty home premium and 5 are charging a second home premium.
Tel: 029 2082 5355
Tel: 029 2089 8099