Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on amounts collected, arrears and amounts written off.
- In 2015-16, billing authorities collected 97.2% of council tax billed, an increase of 0.1 of a percentage point. This is the highest collection rate since the introduction of council tax.
- 14 authorities recorded a year on year increase in their collection rate in 2015-16.
- Flintshire and Pembrokeshire recorded the highest in-year collection rate at 98.0% whilst Blaenau Gwent recorded the lowest at 93.5%.
- The amount actually collected in respect of 2015-16 bills, excluding council tax reduction scheme, was £1,319 million out of £1,357 million collectable.
- During 2015-16, billing authorities collected £30 million of arrears in respect of previous years and wrote off £7 million as bad debts.
- The total amount outstanding at 31 March 2016 was £85(r) million, of which £37 million was in-year arrears.
The report has been revised on 13 July 2016 due to errors in the data submitted by Neath Port Talbot and Cardiff.
Tel: 029 2082 5673
Tel: 029 2089 8099