Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on amounts collected, arrears and amounts written off.
- In 2013-14, billing authorities collected 97.0% of council tax billed, an increase of 0.3 of a percentage point. This is the highest collection rate since the introduction of council tax.
- 17 authorities recorded a year on year increase in their collection rate in 2013-14.
- Pembrokeshire recorded the highest in-year collection rate at 97.9% whilst Newport recorded the lowest at 95.7%.
- The amount actually collected in respect of 2013-14 bills, excluding council tax reduction scheme, was £1,182 million out of £1,219 million collectable.
- During 2013-14, billing authorities collected £30 million of arrears in respect of previous years and wrote off £6 million as bad debts.
- The total amount outstanding at 31 March 2014 was £83 million, of which £36 million was in-year arrears.
Tel: 029 2082 3519