More than 600 people treated by ‘flying doctors’ in first six months on board Wales Air Ambulance
- Survey results of how people use the Welsh language published
- After the UK funding fanfare Wales faces five more years of cuts, Minister tells public finance professionals
- More than 600 people treated by ‘flying doctors’ in first six months on board Wales Air Ambulance
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Green Growth Wales – Options for investment support
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
- Code of Practice on the Role of the Director of Social Services under Part 8 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) 2014 Act
- Refugee and Asylum Seeker Delivery Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on amounts collected, arrears and amounts written off.
- In 2014-15, billing authorities collected 97.2% of council tax billed, an increase of 0.1 of a percentage point. This is the highest collection rate since the introduction of council tax.
- 13 authorities recorded a year on year increase in their collection rate in 2014-15.
- Pembrokeshire recorded the highest in-year collection rate at 98.0% whilst Blaenau Gwent recorded the lowest at 95.0%.
- The amount actually collected in respect of 2014-15 bills, excluding council tax reduction scheme, was £1,249 million out of £1,285 million collectable.
- During 2014-15, billing authorities collected £29 million of arrears in respect of previous years and wrote off £6 million as bad debts.
- The total amount outstanding at 31 March 2015 was £84 million, of which £36 million was in-year arrears.
Tel: 029 2082 5673