Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Cabinet Secretary says strong Welsh budget for housing will help provide 20,000 homes
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes data on pharmacies, prescriptions dispensed and pharmaceutical services offered.
- There were 716 community pharmacies in Wales on 31 March 2016, the same number as the previous year.
- There were 4 appliance contractors in Wales on 31 March 2016.
- 73.9 million prescription items were dispensed by community pharmacies in 2015-16, up by 1.0% from 2014-15.
- 95% of pharmacies provided Medicine Use Review services and 63% a Discharge Medicines Review service in 2015-16.
- The proportion of community pharmacies accredited to provide various enhanced services has risen steadily since 2005-06.
- 73% of pharmacies provided Emergency Contraceptive services in 2015-16
- 46% of pharmacies provided Seasonal Flu Vaccine services in 2015-16.
Tel: 029 2082 5039
Tel: 029 2089 8099