Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes data on pharmacies, prescriptions dispensed and pharmaceutical services offered.
- There were 716 community pharmacies in Wales on 31 March 2016, the same number as the previous year.
- There were 4 appliance contractors in Wales on 31 March 2016.
- 73.9 million prescription items were dispensed by community pharmacies in 2015-16, up by 1.0% from 2014-15.
- 95% of pharmacies provided Medicine Use Review services and 63% a Discharge Medicines Review service in 2015-16.
- The proportion of community pharmacies accredited to provide various enhanced services has risen steadily since 2005-06.
- 73% of pharmacies provided Emergency Contraceptive services in 2015-16
- 46% of pharmacies provided Seasonal Flu Vaccine services in 2015-16.
Tel: 029 2082 5039
Tel: 029 2089 8099