Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes data on pharmacies, prescriptions dispensed and pharmaceutical services offered.
- There were 716 community pharmacies in Wales on 31 March 2015, up 2 from 714 on 31 March 2014, although in general the total number changes little from year to year.
- There were 4 appliance contractors in Wales on 31 March 2015.
- Essential services: 73.2 million prescription items were dispensed by community pharmacies in 2014-15, up by 2.9% from 2013-14.
- Advanced services: 93.7% of pharmacies provided Medicine Use Review services and 54.1% a Discharge Medicines Review service in 2014-15.
- Enhanced services: The proportion of community pharmacies accredited to provide various enhanced services has risen steadily since 2005-06.
Tel: 029 2082 5039