Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- First Minister to mark 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster
- Cabinet Secretary says strong Welsh budget for housing will help provide 20,000 homes
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report which sets out patterns in bus usage and concessionary fare take-up and usage.
The statistics have been taken from the 2005 and 2006 Living in Wales surveys, which is an annual Welsh household survey.
- Compared to Wales, a much higher proportion of respondents in Scotland aged 60 and over possess a concessionary bus pass.
- Of those respondents in Wales aged 60 and over who possess a concessionary bus pass, 42% have travelled by bus in the last seven days.
- 89% of respondents in Wales live within a 13 minute walk of their nearest bus stop, compared to 95% of respondents in Scotland.
- Overall, 78% of respondents in Wales are satisfied with their local bus service.
Tel: 029 2082 5208