5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information by school sector and local authority.
- Total expenditure on SEN provision is budgeted to be £362 million, an increase of £5.4 million or 1.5% compared with the previous year.
- Delegated expenditure to special schools accounts for 26% of the total budgeted SEN expenditure. Notional allocations within nursery, primary, middle and secondary schools account for a further 47% of the total. The remaining 27% is made up of money held centrally by local authorities.
- Denbighshire delegates the largest proportion of their SEN budget to their schools at 91%, whilst Caerphilly delegates the smallest proportion at 54%.
- Total SEN expenditure per pupil for Wales is budgeted to be £800. This consists of £586 delegated expenditure per pupil and £214 non-delegated expenditure per pupil.
- Blaenau Gwent has the largest SEN budget per pupil at £1,004, whilst the Vale of Glamorgan has the smallest SEN budget per pupil at £597.
Tel: 029 2082 5673
Tel: 029 2089 8099