Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The APS combines the boosted samples of the Labour Force Survey and provides rolling four-quarter labour market data for UK countries and regions and also for local areas. For Wales, the APS consists of a sample of about 18,000 households every year.
- The employment rate for the population aged 16 to 64 in West Wales and the Valleys was 70.1 per cent, whilst the rate for East Wales was 72.7 per cent (Wales: 71.1 per cent, UK: 73.6 per cent).
- In West Wales and the Valleys, the employment rate was up 5.1 percentage points since 2001 compared to a 1.9 percentage point increase for East Wales (Wales up 3.9 percentage points and UK up 1.3 percentage points).
- The local authorities with the highest employment rates were Monmouthshire (78.8 per cent), Powys (77.3 per cent) and Wrexham (76.2 per cent). The lowest rates were in Blaenau Gwent (64.3 per cent), Ceredigion (65.6 per cent) and Merthyr Tydil (66.1 per cent).
Quarterly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually.
Tel: 029 2082 3753
Tel: 029 2089 8099