UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information about the number of additional units delivered, as well as how the planning system contributed to the provision of these units.
- In 2014-15, local authorities reported 2,218 additional affordable housing units had been delivered across Wales, a decrease of 8 per cent compared with 2013-14. The total delivered since April 2011 represents 91 per cent of the Welsh Government’s new target on affordable housing provision.
- The number of affordable housing units delivered with capital grant funding increased by 13 per cent during 2014-15 compared with a 36 per cent decrease in the number delivered without capital grant funding.
- Welsh Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) continued to make the largest contribution to additional affordable housing in Wales, delivering 89 per cent of all additional affordable housing provision during 2014-15 (1,971 units).
- During 2014-15 a total of 563 affordable housing units were delivered on land made available by the public sector. This is down by over a quarter on the previous year but 17 per cent more than during 2012-13. The majority of these units (58 per cent) were delivered on land made available by local authorities.
Tel: 029 2082 5055