Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information about the number of additional units delivered, as well as how the planning system contributed to the provision of these units.
- In 2014-15, local authorities reported 2,218 additional affordable housing units had been delivered across Wales, a decrease of 8 per cent compared with 2013-14. The total delivered since April 2011 represents 91 per cent of the Welsh Government’s new target on affordable housing provision.
- The number of affordable housing units delivered with capital grant funding increased by 13 per cent during 2014-15 compared with a 36 per cent decrease in the number delivered without capital grant funding.
- Welsh Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) continued to make the largest contribution to additional affordable housing in Wales, delivering 89 per cent of all additional affordable housing provision during 2014-15 (1,971 units).
- During 2014-15 a total of 563 affordable housing units were delivered on land made available by the public sector. This is down by over a quarter on the previous year but 17 per cent more than during 2012-13. The majority of these units (58 per cent) were delivered on land made available by local authorities.
Tel: 029 2082 5055