Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
In the run up to St David’s Day, Welsh Ministers are presenting Wales to the world and showing exactly what the country has to offer.
- Valleys Taskforce rolls into town
- Green light for highly successful blue light model
- Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which presents information on those on care orders and other children provided with accommodation by their local authority.
- 5,662 children were looked after on 31 March 2016, an increase of 47 (0.8 per cent) over the previous year and a rate of 90 per 10,000 population aged under 18. The number of looked after children has increased by 5 per cent over the last five years, but has remained relatively stable over the last three years.
- There were 559 children looked after at 31st March 2016 (10 per cent) who had three or more placements in 2015-16.
- The number of children adopted decreased by 45 (12 per cent) over the previous year.
- Local authorities were in touch with 93 per cent of 19 year old care leavers; 57(r) per cent of 19 year old care leavers were known to be in education, training or employment.
This report was revised on 18 October 2016 due to an administrative error.
Tel: 029 2082 6186
Tel: 029 2089 8099