UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which presents information on those on care orders and other children provided with accommodation by their local authority.
- 5,617 children were looked after on 31 March 2015, a decrease of 128 (2.2 per cent) over the previous year and a rate of 89 per 10,000 population aged under 18. The number of looked after children has increased by 9 per cent over the last five years, but has remained relatively stable over the last three years.
- There were 512 children looked after at 31st March 2015 (9 per cent) who had three or more placements in 2014-15.
- The number of children adopted increased by 38 (11 per cent) over the previous year.
- Local authorities were in touch with 93 per cent of 19 year old care leavers; 55 per cent of 19 year old care leavers were known to be in education, training or employment.
Tel: 029 2082 3625