Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
66 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which presents information on those on care orders and other children provided with accommodation by their local authority.
- 5,617 children were looked after on 31 March 2015, a decrease of 128 (2.2 per cent) over the previous year and a rate of 89 per 10,000 population aged under 18. The number of looked after children has increased by 9 per cent over the last five years, but has remained relatively stable over the last three years.
- There were 512 children looked after at 31st March 2015 (9 per cent) who had three or more placements in 2014-15.
- The number of children adopted increased by 38 (11 per cent) over the previous year.
- Local authorities were in touch with 93 per cent of 19 year old care leavers; 55 per cent of 19 year old care leavers were known to be in education, training or employment.
Tel: 029 2082 3625