Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which presents information on those on care orders and other children provided with accommodation by their local authority.
- 5,617 children were looked after on 31 March 2015, a decrease of 128 (2.2 per cent) over the previous year and a rate of 89 per 10,000 population aged under 18. The number of looked after children has increased by 9 per cent over the last five years, but has remained relatively stable over the last three years.
- There were 512 children looked after at 31st March 2015 (9 per cent) who had three or more placements in 2014-15.
- The number of children adopted increased by 38 (11 per cent) over the previous year.
- Local authorities were in touch with 93 per cent of 19 year old care leavers; 55 per cent of 19 year old care leavers were known to be in education, training or employment.
Tel: 029 2082 3625