Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which presents information on those on care orders and other children provided with accommodation by their local authority.
- 5,756 children were looked after on 31 March 2014, a decrease of 8 (0.1 per cent) over the previous year and a rate of 91 per 10,000 population aged under 18. The number of looked after children has increased by 23 per cent over the last five years, but has remained relatively stable over the last three years.
- There were 478 children looked after at 31st March 2014 (8 per cent) who had three or more placements in 2013-14.
- The number of children adopted increased by 16 (5 per cent) over the previous year.
- Local authorities were in touch with 93 per cent of 19 year old care leavers; 51 per cent of 19 year old care leavers were known to be in education, training or employment.
Tel: 029 2082 3625