Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Admission of patients to mental health facilities
An annual report which includes information on admissions, formal admissions under the Mental Health Act 1983 and other legislation and supervised community treatment.
- In 2015-16, there were 9,570 admissions (excluding place of safety detentions) to mental health facilities in Wales, a decrease of 192 (2 per cent) from 2014-15.
- 97 per cent of admissions (excluding place of safety detentions) in 2015-16 were to NHS facilities in Wales, with the remainder admitted to independent hospitals.
Formal admissions under the Mental Health Act 1983 and other legislation
- 2,001 were admitted in 2015-16 under the Mental Health Act 1983 (excluding place of safety detentions) and other legislation, an increase of 80 (4 per cent) from 2014-15.
- 94 per cent (1,888 of 2,001) of formal admissions (excluding place of safety detentions) were detained without the involvement of criminal courts (Part II) with 70 per cent (1,316 out of 1,888) of these being admitted for assessment, with or without treatment (Section 2 of the Mental Health Act 1983).
- Section 2 showed the largest increase (in terms of numbers) between 2014-15 and 2015-16 rising from 1,210 to 1,316 (106 or 9 per cent).
Supervised community treatment
- In 2015-16, there were 216 patients subject to supervised community treatment (SCT), including 28 for whom an independent hospital was responsible. Of this total, 123 were male and 93 were female.
- Of those patients subject to SCT, there were 102 recalls to hospital, 86 revocations and 116 discharges in 2015-16.
Tel: 029 2082 5080
Tel: 029 2089 8099