Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Accident cluster sites and fatal road accidents on the Welsh Trans-European Network - Transport
This Statistical Bulletin sets out the background to a series of tables which cover the period 2012 to 2014 inclusive and detail Cluster Sites based upon road accidents reported to the police and recorded on Stats19 returns. The criterion used to identify a potential Cluster Site is that there were at least 4 personal injury accidents (or collisions) in a 3-year period within a 100m diameter.
The set of tables shows the location of Accident Cluster sites and Fatal Road Accidents on the Welsh element of the Trans-European Network - Transport.
- There were 42(r) accident cluster sites recorded, there were 263 Personal Injury Collisions and 23(r) of these were classed as Killed or Seriously Injured (KSI) on the Welsh TEN-T road network.
- In North Wales there were 4 accident cluster sites, two were on the A55 and there was one each on the A494 Ewloe to Deeside Park and on the A483 from Chirk to the Border. In total there were 22 unique accidents with a personal injury and 1 of these were classed as Killed or Seriously Injured.
- In South Wales there were 38(r) accident cluster sites, 241 unique accidents with a personal Injury and 22(r) of these were classed as Killed or Seriously Injured. On the M4, there were 17 accident clusters and these mainly occurred at Motorway Junctions. There were 7 accident clusters sites on the A465 and a further 5 identified on the A48 between Pont Abraham and Carmarthen.
(r) Revised on 5 April 2016.
Tel: 029 2082 5062
Tel: 029 2089 8099