Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Summit brings bus industry together
The Welsh Government, local authorities, bus service providers and users will all be meeting in Wrexham today.
- New £36m fund to reduce infant class sizes and raise standards announced by Kirsty Williams
- New £13m ALN School opened
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Summit brings bus industry together
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This output is either published as a full release (as in 2014) or a set of Excel tables as for this year. The same data is being published, but in a different format. Quality information can be found in the 2014 version of this release.
- The performance of pupils eligible for free school meals is consistently improving for every indicator at every key stage.
- However, their performance is lower than their non eligible counterparts at all key stages and indicators.
- The gap in performance has generally narrowed over the last four years at Foundation Phase and Key Stages 2 and 3.
- The trend is inconsistent at Key Stage 4. The gap fell in 2016 but has alternated between periods of increase and periods of decrease since 2008.
- The gap in performance increases with key stage level.
- There is a strong link between achievement and the level of entitlement to free school meals in secondary schools: as the level of FSM entitlement increases, the level of achievement decreases.
Tel: 029 2082 5060
Tel: 029 2089 8099