New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Vaughan Gething has visited Bumayoka Primary School in Mbale, Uganda to switch on new low energy lighting.
- Wales passes €50m milestone in flagship EU research and innovation programme
- Kirsty welcomes comforting views from home
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Data includes tables, graphs and the statistical model depicting the relationship between attainment and free school meals.
Data is published annually alternating between a full report and a set of Excel tables.
- The performance of pupils eligible for free school meals is consistently improving for every indicator at every key stage.
- However, their performance is lower than their non eligible counterparts at all key stages and indicators.
- The gap in performance has generally narrowed over the last four years at Key Stages 2 and 3.
- The trend is inconsistent at Key Stage 4. The gap fell in 2015 but has alternated between periods of increase and periods of decrease since 2008.
- The gap in performance increases with key stage level.
- There is a strong link between achievement and the level of entitlement to free school meals in secondary schools: as the level of FSM entitlement increases, the level of achievement decreases.
Tel: 029 2082 5514