Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
European approval for new Wales RDP
The new RDP will be even more innovative, adaptable and integrated inorder to ensure maximum value is secured for rural Wales from theProgramme's joint EU/Welsh Government-funded investments.
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- European approval for new Wales RDP
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report using pupil attainment data matched to pupil characteristics information from the annual school census to produce data on performance gaps at Key Stages 1 to 4.
- The performance of pupils eligible for free school meals is lower than their non eligible counterparts at all key stages and in all performance measures.
- Looking at the core subject indicator (see definitions), the gap in performance has generally narrowed over the last four years at Key Stages 2 and 3. At Key Stage 4, the gap in performance in the Level 2 threshold including a GCSE A*-C in English/Welsh and maths widened every year to 2009-10 before narrowing in the following three years, but the gap has widened again between 2012-13 and 2013-14.
- The gap in performance increases with key stage level.
- There is a strong link between achievement and the level of entitlement to free school meals: as the level of FSM entitlement increases, the level of achievement decreases.
Tel: 029 2082 5514