Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Elections to the National Assembly for Wales
Voting is underway in the elections to the National Assembly for Wales.
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
Featured story »Keynote speech on the Welsh economy
- Elections to the National Assembly for Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Data includes tables, graphs and the statistical model depicting the relationship between attainment and free school meals.
Data is published annually alternating between a full report and a set of Excel tables.
- The performance of pupils eligible for free school meals is consistently improving for every indicator at every key stage.
- However, their performance is lower than their non eligible counterparts at all key stages and indicators.
- The gap in performance has generally narrowed over the last four years at Key Stages 2 and 3.
- The trend is inconsistent at Key Stage 4. The gap fell in 2015 but has alternated between periods of increase and periods of decrease since 2008.
- The gap in performance increases with key stage level.
- There is a strong link between achievement and the level of entitlement to free school meals in secondary schools: as the level of FSM entitlement increases, the level of achievement decreases.
Tel: 029 2082 5514