First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Statement by the First Minister on today's Heathrow announcement.
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing data on authorised and unauthorised absenteeism by pupils of compulsory school age, including information on school type, gender, free school meal eligibility and length of absence.
- In 2015/16, 5.8 per cent of half-day school sessions were missed due to overall absence and 1.3 per cent of half-day school sessions were missed due to unauthorised absence from maintained secondary, special and independent schools.
- In general, overall absence has been falling since 2006/07. In 2015/16, overall absenteeism continued to fall, dropping by 0.3 percentage points since the previous year. Although unauthorised absenteeism has not changed between 2012/13 and 2015/16, if you compare it with 2007/08, over eight years it has decreased by 0.5 percentage points.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in mainstream secondary schools has decreased every year since 2008/09. It is now less than half what it was seven years ago, showing a drop of 5.4 percentage points from 9.3 per cent in 2008/09 to 3.9 per cent in 2015/16.
- Illness was the most common reason for absence in 2015/16.
Tel: 029 2082 3599
Tel: 029 2089 8099