Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
Local Government Secretary has today announced plans for a new scheme to support small businesses affected by the revaluation of business properties.
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- Welsh Food and Drinks exports flourishing, as Welsh Government supports businesses to reach new markets
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing data on authorised and unauthorised absenteeism by pupils of compulsory school age, including information on school type, gender, free school meal eligibility and length of absence.
- In 2015/16, 5.8 per cent of half-day school sessions were missed due to overall absence and 1.3 per cent of half-day school sessions were missed due to unauthorised absence from maintained secondary, special and independent schools.
- In general, overall absence has been falling since 2006/07. In 2015/16, overall absenteeism continued to fall, dropping by 0.3 percentage points since the previous year. Although unauthorised absenteeism has not changed between 2012/13 and 2015/16, if you compare it with 2007/08, over eight years it has decreased by 0.5 percentage points.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in mainstream secondary schools has decreased every year since 2008/09. It is now less than half what it was seven years ago, showing a drop of 5.4 percentage points from 9.3 per cent in 2008/09 to 3.9 per cent in 2015/16.
- Illness was the most common reason for absence in 2015/16.
Tel: 029 2082 3599
Tel: 029 2089 8099