Wales will have the courage to deliver national mission of education reform – Kirsty Williams
Wales will have the courage to deliver its national mission of education reform, Education Secretary Kirsty Williams vowed today as the latest PISA results were published (Tues 6th Dec).
- Minister welcomes £10m investment in Cardiff University
- International scale installations to mark “Year of Legends”
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Wales will have the courage to deliver national mission of education reform – Kirsty Williams
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing data on authorised and unauthorised absenteeism by pupils of compulsory school age, including information on school type, gender, free school meal eligibility and length of absence.
- In 2014/15, 5.1 per cent of half day sessions were missed due to overall absence and 1.0 per cent of half-day sessions were missed through unauthorised absence.
- In general, overall absence has been falling since 2005/06. In 2012/13 overall absenteeism rose slightly, but in 2013/14 it fell again, and continued to fall in 2014/15.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in primary schools continued to fall in 2014/15. It is the lowest it has been in eight years.
- The continued decrease in agreed family holidays contributed to the decrease in overall absence from mainstream primary schools in 2014/15.
Tel: 029 2082 3599
Tel: 029 2089 8099