Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing data on authorised and unauthorised absenteeism by pupils of compulsory school age, including information on school type, gender, free school meal eligibility and length of absence.
- In 2014/15, 5.1 per cent of half day sessions were missed due to overall absence and 1.0 per cent of half-day sessions were missed through unauthorised absence.
- In general, overall absence has been falling since 2005/06. In 2012/13 overall absenteeism rose slightly, but in 2013/14 it fell again, and continued to fall in 2014/15.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in primary schools continued to fall in 2014/15. It is the lowest it has been in eight years.
- The continued decrease in agreed family holidays contributed to the decrease in overall absence from mainstream primary schools in 2014/15.
Tel: 029 2082 3599
Tel: 029 2089 8099