Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones is travelling to America today to meet with political representatives and business leaders in Washington and New York.
- Cabinet Secretary to celebrate the best of Wales in Dubai
- Kirsty Williams welcomes new OECD report on Welsh education reform
- Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
An annual report showing data on authorised and unauthorised absenteeism by pupils of compulsory school age, including information on school type, gender, free school meal eligibility and length of absence.
- In 2015/16, 5.1 per cent of half day sessions were missed due to overall absence and 1.1 per cent of half-day sessions were missed through unauthorised absence.
- In general, overall absence has been falling since 2006/07. In 2012/13 overall absenteeism rose slightly, but in 2013/14 and 2014/15 it fell again. Overall absence remained the same in 2015/16 as the previous year.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in primary schools increased in 2015/16.
- The percentage of pupils with no absence continues to increase. The percentage of pupils missing more than 20 days remained the same as the previous year.
Tel: 029 2082 3599
Tel: 029 2089 8099