Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
A new model of clinical supervision for midwives in Wales was launched by Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) Professor Jean White.
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Ken Skates keen to explore further A55 improvements
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing data on authorised and unauthorised absenteeism by pupils of compulsory school age, including information on school type, gender, free school meal eligibility and length of absence.
- In 2015/16, 5.1 per cent of half day sessions were missed due to overall absence and 1.1 per cent of half-day sessions were missed through unauthorised absence.
- In general, overall absence has been falling since 2006/07. In 2012/13 overall absenteeism rose slightly, but in 2013/14 and 2014/15 it fell again. Overall absence remained the same in 2015/16 as the previous year.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in primary schools increased in 2015/16.
- The percentage of pupils with no absence continues to increase. The percentage of pupils missing more than 20 days remained the same as the previous year.
Tel: 0300 025 4070
Tel: 0300 025 8099