Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Quarter of a billion pound boost for Wales’ rural communities
The day before the UK Government triggers Article 50, the Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs delivered a £223million boost to Wales’ rural communities.
- Treforest Glass expands with Welsh Government support creating and securing 25 jobs
- Online Safety remains a key priority as internet use rises
- Quarter of a billion pound boost for Wales’ rural communities
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
About Statistics & Research
Types of statistics and research
Statistical Services produces a large number of outputs each year.
The outputs produced are:
- Statistical First Releases are used to publish data for the first time from a new data set
- Statistical Bulletins are used for subsequent more detailed analysis of a data set already published, either in a Release or by someone else
- Statistical Articles generally relate to one-off analyses for which there are no updates planned, at least in the short-term.
Nearly all of our statistical outputs are Official Statistics as defined by the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and are produced according to the principles of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics (external link). Where they are not Official Statistics, the principals of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics are still followed.
National Statistics are Official Statistics which have been certified by UK Statistics Authority as compliant with its Code of Practice.
Visit the UK Statistics Authority website (external link) for more information.
Government Social Research (GSR)
GSR is research which has been conducted in accordance with the GSR code of practice (external link).