£1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
More than £1bn of EU structural funds have been invested in schemes across Wales
- Welsh Government gets behind Small Business Saturday
- New prestigious awards to recognise the best in Welsh teaching
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About Statistics & Research
All our statistics follow the standards defined by the UK Statistics Authority (external link), an independent body operating at arm's length from government as a non-ministerial department.
All statistical releases are defined as Official Statistics by the Statistics and Registration Service Act, 2007 (external link). They are produced according to the principles of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics (external link).
Statistics that are assessed as compliant with the code and approved by the UK Statistics Authority will also be designated as National Statistics.
Social research provides high quality evidence on social issues, processes and outcomes to inform the development and delivery of policy. It also tells us what people think of them and our understanding of what happens as a consequence.
Our social researchers are bound by the Government Social Research Code (external link).
Principles for research and evaluation
- Early consideration of evaluation - new policies and programmes will consider the needs of evaluation from the outset.
- Effective planning of research and evaluation - the internal evidence planning process will focus on providing the evidence to support the Government’s strategic priorities. An annual Evidence Plan will be published each year.
- Research is published - we will publish research according to the Government Social Research publication protocol (external link)
- Research is acted upon - Ministers will be briefed on a proposed response to the recommendations for every evaluation.
- Value for money (VFM) - where it is possible to do so we will build in explicit VFM analysis in evaluations.
The Economic Research Programme has been designed by the Welsh Government to provide research and analysis of the issues and challenges facing the Welsh economy.
It primarily addresses economic development issues but can also cover aspects of community regeneration, rural development, education and lifelong learning, the environment, planning and transport and the labour market aspects of health.