Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About Statistics & Research
All our statistics follow the standards defined by the UK Statistics Authority (external link), an independent body operating at arm's length from government as a non-ministerial department.
All statistical releases are defined as Official Statistics by the Statistics and Registration Service Act, 2007 (external link). They are produced according to the principles of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics (external link).
Statistics that are assessed as compliant with the code and approved by the UK Statistics Authority will also be designated as National Statistics.
Social research provides high quality evidence on social issues, processes and outcomes to inform the development and delivery of policy. It also tells us what people think of them and our understanding of what happens as a consequence.
Our social researchers are bound by the Government social Research code (external link).
Principles for research and evaluation
- Early consideration of evaluation - new policies and programmes will consider the needs of evaluation from the outset.
- Effective planning of research and evaluation - the internal evidence planning process will focus on providing the evidence to support the Government’s strategic priorities. An annual Evidence Plan will be published each year.
- Research is published - we will publish research according to the Government Social Research publication guidance (external link)
- Research is acted upon - Ministers will be briefed on a proposed response to the recommendations for every evaluation.
- Value for money (VFM) - where it is possible to do so we will build in explicit VFM analysis in evaluations.
The Economic Research Programme has been designed by the Welsh Government to provide research and analysis of the issues and challenges facing the Welsh economy.
It primarily addresses economic development issues but can also cover aspects of community regeneration, rural development, education and lifelong learning, the environment, planning and transport and the labour market aspects of health.