Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About Statistics & Research
All our statistics follow the standards defined by the UK Statistics Authority (external link), an independent body operating at arm's length from government as a non-ministerial department.
All statistical releases are defined as Official Statistics by the Statistics and Registration Service Act, 2007 (external link). They are produced according to the principles of the Code of Practice for Official Statistics (external link).
Statistics that are assessed as compliant with the code and approved by the UK Statistics Authority will also be designated as National Statistics.
Social research provides high quality evidence on social issues, processes and outcomes to inform the development and delivery of policy. It also tells us what people think of them and our understanding of what happens as a consequence.
Our social researchers are bound by the Government social Research code (external link).
Principles for research and evaluation
- Early consideration of evaluation - new policies and programmes will consider the needs of evaluation from the outset.
- Effective planning of research and evaluation - the internal evidence planning process will focus on providing the evidence to support the Government’s strategic priorities. An annual Evidence Plan will be published each year.
- Research is published - we will publish research according to the Government Social Research publication protocol (external link)
- Research is acted upon - Ministers will be briefed on a proposed response to the recommendations for every evaluation.
- Value for money (VFM) - where it is possible to do so we will build in explicit VFM analysis in evaluations.
The Economic Research Programme has been designed by the Welsh Government to provide research and analysis of the issues and challenges facing the Welsh economy.
It primarily addresses economic development issues but can also cover aspects of community regeneration, rural development, education and lifelong learning, the environment, planning and transport and the labour market aspects of health.