PSE encompasses everything that a school or college does to support and promote the personal and social development and well-being of its learners. This includes all the planned opportunities which are features of the ethos and community life of the school or college.
The following suggestions are tried and tested learning experiences that promote the personal and social development and well-being of learners.
- Involvement in Fairtrade campaigns.
- Establishing international links with learning settings in developing countries.
- Participating in award schemes that encourage partnership working with parents and the wider community on sustainability and global citizenship issues, e.g. Eco Schools, Fairtrade Schools Award.
- Through the Safer Routes to School project, work with Road Safety Officers to encourage more young people to cycle to school. Find out more at Safe Routes to Schools (external link)
- Participating in the Welsh Youth Forum on Sustainable Development which gives young people a voice on sustainable development issues within Wales and globally. Find out more at Welsh Youth Forum on Sustainable Development (external link)
- Invite a range of organisations which promote global citizenship to give assembly presentations about their work.