Progression in Developing number
Learners should be given opportunities to:
at Key Stage 2
- select data from given information presented in a range of numerical and graphical ways
- gather information in a variety of ways, including simple questionnaires or databases to support understanding of PSE-related issues
at Key Stage 3
- access and select data from relevant information presented in a variety of ways and from different sources to support understanding of PSE-related issues
at Key Stage 4
- access numerical data from written and graphical sources
- select from and interpret a variety of methods of presenting data, including pie charts, scatter graphs, line graphs, to support understanding of PSE-related issuesPost 16 Learning Outcomes
- choose how to obtain relevant information from different sources.
- collate and use relevant data to support understanding of PSE-related issues
The PSE framework provides the foundation for a broad, balanced holistic approach to PSE.