Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
The opening of Surf Snowdonia in Dolgarrog in the Conwy Valley this Saturday gives Wales another iconic adventure tourism attraction and makes it an adventure destination to rival any in the world.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
- Draft statutory guidance on the National Training Framework on violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the code of practice in relation to part 10 (Complaints, Representations and Advocacy Services) of the Act
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to part 5 (Charging and Financial Assessment) of the Act
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 6 (Looked After and Accommodated Children) of the Act
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
55 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
30 July 2015
29 July 2015
The Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has officially opened phase 1 of the redevelopment of Saundersfoot Harbour.
23 July 2015
The Deputy Minister is making a series of visits in north Wales ahead of Wales’ Year of Adventure in 2016.
17 July 2015
Tourism in Wales is in a strong position as official figures reveal further growth in the first quarter of 2015 when compared to a record breaking 2014.
06 July 2015
Wales was first in line to announce a programme of events to celebrate the centenary of Roald Dahl in 2016.
02 July 2015
Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism Ken Skates has taken the controls of a historic narrow-gauge steam train on Talyllyn Railway to help promote Wales as the home of adventure in 2016.
22 May 2015
The successful Anglesey based restaurant company – Dylan’s - has opened its second restaurant in north Wales at the iconic Moranedd Building in Criccieth.
22 May 2015
A new signature attraction at GreenWood Forest Park has received funding support from the Welsh Government under the Tourism Investment Support Scheme
12 May 2015
The number of overnight trips to Wales by GB visitors hits 10 million
16 April 2015
Figures published by the Welsh Government today reveal the Easter holidays were an excellent start to the holiday season for the tourism industry.
10 April 2015
Deputy Minister announces funding for a Cardiff based adventure tourism product which will support a campaign to promote Wales as the home of adventure in 2016.
09 April 2015
Latest figures show golf tourism in Wales has seen an increase of 40% in the number of golf visitors to Wales in the last decade.
01 April 2015
The Welsh Government has embarked on an unprecedented campaign to promote Wales as the world's capital of adventure tourism.
19 March 2015
The Deputy Minister has outlined the importance of tourism to the economies of Wales and how investment in quality is crucial to compete in a global market.
13 March 2015
As Wales Tourism Week gets underway for 2015, Deputy Minister for Culture Sport and Tourism, Ken Skates has met with Ann Phelan TD Minister of State for the Irish Government at Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.
11 March 2015
Huge posters of iconic welsh landmarks will be seen in key sites in Germany with the launch of a new Visit Wales
05 February 2015
During a visit to Blaenau Ffestiniog, the Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport & Tourism had an opportunity to fly at 70mph on Zip World Titan.
03 February 2015
Visit Wales have reported an increased level of awareness of Wales as a golf destination.
21 January 2015
Deputy Minister for Culture, Sport and Tourism, Ken Skates outlines how tourism in Wales is in a strong position and looking forward to 2015
20 January 2015
2015 heralds the ninth year of the Extreme Sailing Series™ that visits eight iconic venues – of which Cardiff Bay will be one.