Minister launches plan to help Welsh pupils go global
Education Minister, Huw Lewis will be in Torfaen today to celebrate the beginning of construction at three new local Primary schools.
- New plan to improve orthopaedic services in Wales
- Proposals for new £24m Dyfi Bridge go on display
Featured Article »Celebrating success in the creative and arts sectors in Wales
- Minister launches plan to help Welsh pupils go global
- A call for proposals on a migrant Roma strategy for Wales
- Draft Statutory Guidance on Multi-Agency Collaboration in respect of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- A framework for managing the night time economy in Wales
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Care and Support (Business Failure) (Wales) Regulations 2015 and the Care and Support (Provision of Health Services) (Wales) Regulations 2015, stemming from the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Hospital admissions data online
- Local authority revenue and capital outturn expenditure
- NHS GP referrals for first out-patient appointments
- Welsh Health Survey - Assessing the impact of a change in physical activity questions and the introduction of questions on e-cigarette use
- Welsh language use in the community: Research study
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Education and skills
07 October 2015
05 October 2015
02 October 2015
The Deputy Minister met “Crikey Bikey®” inventors, sisters Sky, 12 and Kia Ballantyne, 14, at an event in Swansea aimed at promoting the value of entrepreneurship.
01 October 2015
A new initiative aimed at strengthening links between secondary schools and employers was launched by Deputy Minister for Skills and Technology, Julie James today.
29 September 2015
From today high flying sixth formers in North East Wales and the South Wales Valleys will benefit from additional support aimed at helping them gain access to the UK’s most prestigious universities.
24 September 2015
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has welcomed confirmation of the identities of the members of the Curriculum Independent Advisory Group.
24 September 2015
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has congratulated pupils and teachers on achieving Wales’ best ever GCSE results in the 2014/15 academic year.
21 September 2015
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has welcomed news that one of the world’s most prestigious universities will treat the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate as a fourth A-level.
16 September 2015
A Flexible Skills Programme initiative, set up by the Welsh Government in response to the closure of the Murco refinery will safeguard 170 jobs, create 62 new posts and reskill over 200 people
07 September 2015
The introduction of the new qualifications is the latest in a series of important reforms to the education system in Wales
27 August 2015
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has welcomed statistics released today which show secondary school attendance rates in Wales continue to rise.
21 August 2015
Schools Challenge Cymru is delivering real and unprecedented improvements for learners in some of Wales’ most challenged schools
20 August 2015
Students across Wales have been congratulated by Education Minister, Huw Lewis following a strong set of GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results.
17 August 2015
The Education Minister has announced the reappointment of Professor Robin Williams as a member of the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
13 August 2015
Minister congratulates students and teachers following strong A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate results
Education Minister, Huw Lewis has congratulated students and teachers in Wales on a strong set of A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate results.
05 August 2015
A new law that will establish an independent regulatory body for qualifications in Wales has been granted Royal Assent by Her Majesty, the Queen.
04 August 2015
Deputy Minister Julie James has delivered more good news for vocational learners by announcing funding of almost £90 million for traineeships in Wales.
23 July 2015
Future looking brighter for Wales’ youngest
17 July 2015
Eight talented Welsh students have spent the week in London’s Square Mile gaining first hand experience of working life in the City.
16 July 2015
Four of Wales’ most talented apprentices were honoured at a special send-off ceremony last night just weeks before they travel to São Paulo, Brazil.
News by search
News by topic
- All topics
- Business and economy
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- First Minister
- Health and social care
- Housing and Regeneration
- Improving public services
- Local government
- People and communities
- Science and technology
- Welsh language