Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Act 2013
The School Organisation Code imposes requirements and provides guidelines in respect of school organisation proposals.
It is intended that these proposals will form a School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Bill that will be introduced in 2012.
This Act became law in Wales on 4 March 2013.
The Act sets out proposals to strengthen school standards, enhance local determination and reduce complexity.
- provides a clearer process for school intervention and drives school improvement by introducing statutory guidance.
- reforms the statutory process for school organisation so that decisions are taken locally wherever possible.
- removes the requirement for School Governing Bodies to hold Annual Parents’ Meetings and introduce a new right for parents to call meetings with School Governing Bodies.
- gives local authorities and schools greater flexibility over the pricing of school meals.
- mainstreams several grant-funded programmes to help streamline current processes.
- makes local authorities accountable for planning Welsh-medium provision by making Welsh in Education Strategic Plans statutory.
Full details of the Act are available from the National Assembly for Wales (external website).