Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Scheme to help patients with the cost of travel for medical appointments extended
For some patients, travel to receive healthcare can present difficulties.
- £5m EU funding boost for Welsh universities
- Wales at British Tourism and Travel Show
- Scheme to help patients with the cost of travel for medical appointments extended
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Assembly Members, Assembly Committees and the Assembly Commission may also introduce bills.
National Assembly for Wales
Once a bill is introduced into the Assembly it undergoes scrutiny. This is generally a 4 stage process:
- Stage 1 - consideration and agreement of the general principles of the bill
- Stage 2 - detailed consideration of the bill and any changes by a committee
- Stage 3 - detailed consideration of the bill and any changes by the Assembly
- Report stage – an optional stage to make changes (if required)
- Stage 4 – a vote by the Assembly to pass the final text of the bill.
Further information on the Assembly’s scrutiny process is available on the Assembly’s Guide to the Legislative Process.
Progress of Assembly bills
Details of the Welsh Government bills currently being considered by the Assembly.
|Title||Background to the bill||Information on Assembly progress|
|Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Bill||Abolition of the Right to Buy and Associated Rights (Wales) Bill|
|Trade Union (Wales) Bill||Trade Union (Wales) Bill Impact Assessments||www.senedd.assembly.wales|
|Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill||Additional Learning Needs Transformation Programme||www.senedd.assembly.wales|
|Landfill Disposals Tax (Wales) Bill||Landfill Disposals Tax||www.senedd.assembly.wales|
|Public Health (Wales) Bill||Public Health (Wales) Bill||www.senedd.assembly.wales|
|Land Transaction Tax and Anti-avoidance of Devolved Taxes (Wales) Bill||Land Transaction Tax||www.senedd.assembly.wales|
Acts of the Assembly
Once Royal Assent is given, a bill becomes an act of the Assembly. The act may include powers for the Welsh Ministers to make subordinate legislation (for example, regulations and orders) to give further details of how the law is to be applied.