Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Government of Wales Act 2006 enables the Welsh Government to bring forward its own programme of legislation in the 20 areas devolved to Wales.
The Welsh Legislative Programme is announced after the election of a new Welsh Government and is made up of Assembly Bills.
We also have the following legislative vehicles:
- subordinate legislation
- UK parliamentary bills.
The Welsh Government may also seek to extend the subjects on which the National Assembly for Wales can pass Assembly Bills, as listed in Schedule 7 to the Government of Wales Act 2006.
See the 2006 Act and explanatory notes on the National Archives.
For information about Wales' constitutional arrangements and law made in Wales see: Law Wales