UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
EU funds in Wales
Future of EU funds
- Statement from the First Minister
- Statement from the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government
European Structural Funds
EU funds are supporting business, research and innovation, helping people into work, increasing skills, improving transport and digital networks, regenerating our communities, and enhancing our environment.
Common Agricultural Policy
EU funded activities which support farmers, the countryside and rural communities, providing around £200m a year in single farm payments to more than 16,000 farms in Wales. Full details are available.
Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020
Supports businesses, farmers, the countryside, and communities in rural areas. £957m programme financed through the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development by the EU and Welsh Government. Full details are available.
European Maritime Fisheries Fund
EU funds support sustainable development within the fishing and aquaculture sectors and the conservation of the marine environment, alongside supporting growth and jobs in coastal communities. Full details are available.
Other EU funding programmes
- Farming Connect and the Kite project (external link) – helps increase the competitiveness of farms and rural businesses and improve the quality of life for rural communities and the environment. £500m has been invested since 2007
- COSME (external link) – helps to improve the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, by supporting them with better access to finance and markets.
- Erasmus+ (external link) – funding for education, training and youth focusing on international study, work, training, teaching and volunteering opportunities. Sport funding focusses on co-operation and activities in grassroots sport.
- Creative Europe (external link) – supports the cultural and creative sectors, enabling them to reach new audiences, develop skills for the digital age and safeguard cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Connecting Europe Facility (external link) – supports the development of high performing, sustainable and efficiently interconnected trans-European networks in the energy, telecommunications and transport fields.
- LIFE (external link) – funding for nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects.
- EaSI (external link) – funding to promote social innovation and social policy experimentation, employment services and labour mobility, support for microcredit providers and access to finance for Social Enterprises.