Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Mark Drakeford today announced details of a £10m targeted relief scheme to provide extra support for high street businesses across Wales from April.
- Ken Skates visits Chongqing and Shanghai to cement Welsh links with China
- New innovation fund launched
- Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
EU funds in Wales
Future of EU funds
Current EU funding programmes
We are continuing to deliver our EU funding programmes in Wales. Applications for EU funds are still being developed and approved in line with objectives agreed by the European Commission.
The UK Treasury will provide a full lifetime guarantee for all structural and investment projects approved before the UK leaves the EU.
A guarantee has also been made for investments to UK organisations through the European Territorial Co-operation programmes from which Wales benefits, including the Ireland Wales programme, as well as programmes directly managed by the European Commission, such as Horizon 2020
EU funding programmes
- European Structural Funds – Support people into work and training, youth employment, research and innovation, business (SMEs) competitiveness, renewable energy and energy efficiency, and connectivity and urban development.
- Common Agricultural Policy – A £200m a year scheme providing payments to more than 16,000 farms in Wales to help protect and enhance the countryside.
- Welsh Government Rural Communities - Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 – A £957m programme supporting businesses, farmers, the countryside, and communities in rural areas.
- European Maritime Fisheries Fund – Supporting sustainable development within the fishing and aquaculture sectors , the conservation of the marine environment, and growth and jobs in coastal communities.
Other EU funds
EU funds are also available to organisations and individuals through other EU programmes:
- COSME (external link) – Helps to increase business competitiveness with assistance to improve access to finance and markets.
- Erasmus+ (external link) – Offers opportunities for UK participants to study, work, volunteer, teach and train abroad in Europe.
- Creative Europe (external link) – Supports the cultural and creative sectors, enabling them to reach new audiences, develop skills for the digital age and safeguard cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Connecting Europe Facility (external link) – Investing in trans-European networks and infrastructures in the sectors of transport, telecommunications and energy.
- LIFE (external link) – Supports nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects.
- EaSI (external link) – Aims to support employment, social policy and labour mobility across the EU.