Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
EU funding to extend financial services graduate programme in Wales
A graduate programme helping to develop and retain industry professionals and future leaders in Wales’ financial services sector is being extended following a £1m EU funding boost.
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
- EU funding to extend financial services graduate programme in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
European Structural Funds 2014-2020
The EU Structural Funds in Wales help support people into work and training, youth employment, research and innovation, business (SMEs) competitiveness, renewable energy and energy efficiency, and connectivity and urban development.
Together with match funding, these funds will drive a total investment of almost £3bn across Wales.
We are open for business, with the UK Government providing an expenditure guarantee for all schemes approved before the UK leaves the EU. For information on EU funds or how to benefit / apply please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can benefit from EU funds
There are many ways in which you as an organisation or you as an individual can benefit from EU Structural funds:
Lead the delivery of a project
We are looking for businesses, Higher Education and Further Education, third and public sector organisations to lead the delivery of EU projects in the following areas:
- Research and innovation, and SME competitiveness
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency Connectivity and sustainable urban development
- Tackling poverty through sustainable Skills for growth Youth employment and attainment
Further details on these investment areas are available in our regional Operational Programmes (East Wales and West, North Wales and the Valleys). The Economic Prioritisation Framework has also been developed to help ensure each EU funding proposal adds something new and valuable to existing regional and/or thematic investments.
If you are interested in applying for EU funds, it is important you read these and other documents in our guidance section.
Deliver an activity of an EU project
If leading a project is not for you, you can still benefit from EU funds by tendering or bidding to deliver the activities of EU projects.
Businesses and public and third sector organisations won over £1.1bn in contracts to deliver EU projects supported by the Structural Funds programmes 2007–2013.
Visit the Sell2Wales (external link) website for further information.
Benefit from an EU project delivering in your area
EU projects are supporting businesses and individuals in your area. Each scheme / project will have its own application or support process so you will need to contact the organisation directly for further information.
- Support for your business - EU funds are supporting schemes which can help you start, run or grow your business For example Business Wales (external link) and Finance Wales (external link).
- Support for your employees / apprentices - As an employer, if you’re looking to recruit an apprentice you can find out about training and apprenticeship opportunities in Wales by calling 0845 60 661 60 or email: email@example.com. See Apprenticeships schemes, Jobs Growth Wales (external link) and Lifelong Learning programmes including ERASMUS (external link)
- Support for your training, career or studying ambitions - Whether you’re a student or have finished school or college, or you’re in or looking for work, there are many EU-funded schemes that can help you with your training and career prospects, including studying abroad. See Apprenticeships schemes, Jobs Growth Wales (external link), Go Wales: Achieve through Work Experience (external link) and Lifelong Learning programmes including ERASMUS (external link)